Australian Taxation Office: GST on low value imported goods
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) is hosting a business information seminar in Auckland about the goods and services tax (GST) law changes that apply from 1 July 2018 to low value imported goods sold to consumers in Australia.
Our international sessions are designed for online marketplaces, merchants and re-deliverers that supply these goods. They are also designed to give tax advisors and professionals an overview of the changes.
Our information sessions will cover key elements of the changes including:
- An overview of Australia’s vendor collection model
- Defining low value imported goods
- How this affects suppliers and deemed suppliers for GST purposes
- The rules relating to consumer and business purchases
- Invoicing and customs information
- Registration, returns and payments
- The compliance approach of the ATO
- A comparison with our GST law on imported services and digital supplies.
This session starts at 9.00am with arrival refreshments from 8.30am. The session ends at 11.30am
More information about the GST changes click here.
If you have any questions about this event or GST on low value imported goods, email AustraliaGST@ato.gov.au