Retail NZ Payments Forum
Understanding payments is a vital part of running a business. Find out the latest payments techniques for your retail store, uncover common misconceptions, and learn how to protect yourself from fraud.
- Drive customer spend with different payment types.
- Keep the costs of payments down.
- Protect your business against credit card fraud.
- Debunk the misconception that contactless payments are cost-prohibitive.
Time: 9:30am - 12:00pm. Tea and coffee from 9am
Designed for: Small and independent business owners
Payments Forum Agenda
- Where is the likely growth in customer spending?
- How to engage with international visitors as customers, in 2020.
- How to target the different customer types in NZ, and offer their preferred payment methods - older Kiwis, younger Kiwis, migrants and international visitors.
Pros and cons of different payment systems:
- Scheme credit and scheme debit.
- Buy Now Pay Later.
- AliPay and WeChat Pay.
How do I protect I business against card fraud?
- Refund fraud.
- Online fraud. What is 3D secure?
Why do I need to pay for payments?
What is the difference between merchant service fees and interchange fees, what does this mean for me?
How do I keep the costs of payments down?