Running a business alone can be tough. You're not alone.
Retail NZ is here for you. Save time and Money, so you can put your energy into delivering a great experience for your customers and keep them coming back. Here's 5 reasons you should join Retail NZ.
1. SAVE MONEY
2. SAVE TIME
We offer a range of advisory services for when you need instant expert advice and most are free to members. Our Advisors are experienced professionals with a wealth of practical knowledge and skill, saving you time and costly legal advice. We can help you resolve problems on all employment & consumer issues including disputes, provide assistance in preparing employment agreements, correspondence and other documentation, staff theft and retail crime to name a few. By simply phoning us, we can provide timely advice on tricky situations.
3. WE ADVOCATE ON THE BIG ISSUES THAT AFFECT YOU
Working with our members, we lobby politicians and officials on key policy issues affecting the retail sector. We ensure the voice of retail is heard, so retailers' interests are at the forefront of politicians thinking. We can say the things that our members sometimes can't. And we speak up in the media, so the public is aware of the issues facing the retail sector.
4. TRAINING & EDUCATION
Receive special discounts on Retail NZ networking, training and educational events, especially developed to grow your people and your business - held throughout the year in main centres. Members have access to a variety of events that educate, inspire and celebrate success.
5. A ONE-STOP-SHOP FOR INFORMATION & RESOURCES
To help you manage employment and business issues, a full range of free easy-to-use guides are available to members. Members also receive:
- NZ Retail magazine - providing in-depth retail business news, trends and developments.
- Talking Shop - our monthly e-newsletter with the latest sector information and member savings.
- The quarterly Westpac Economic Review on the state of the economy.
- Retail NZ’s Annual Wages Survey - a valuable tool for benchmarking staff costs and ensuring you are attracting and retaining the right people.
- Retail Radar - our quarterly finger on the retail pulse